Top ten books to own

Subject: Top ten books to own
From: Robert Ward <CL0087P -at- PEGASUS -dot- HUD -dot- AC -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 10:33:58 +0000

Kimberley Lackey writes:

> ... I am interested in discovering what other technical writers
> feel are the top ten books that every technical writer should either
> own or have read.

I would definitely include: "Designing Instructional Text (3rd ed)
by James Hartley (1994). Kogan Page, London, ISBN 0 7494 1037 X
and Nichols Publishing East Brunswick NJ, ISBN 0 89397 399 8

I like the way this covers psychological and other issues involved
in text design - helps you to make informed decisions about
documentation options.

Robert Ward, University of Huddersfield UK