Help needed with online tutorial, please...

Subject: Help needed with online tutorial, please...
From: Valarie <TASSARI -at- CGI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 14:17:50 -0500

Dear Tech-whirlers,

My company has recently ported a diagnostic "expert system" product to the
PC (from UNIX) and, as part of a marketing package, wish to create an
online "tutorial". The purpose of the tutorial is to guide new and
prospective users through the development of a knowledge base (the output
of entering information) using the tool. I've been asked to lead the
development of the storyboard for the tutorial and possibly perform some of
the implementation.

I'm really excited about this assignment. This is new territory for me
(and the company), so I am hoping someone has had experience with something
like this that they would be willing to share. If you do, please read
on...

Here are some of the issues I currently have:

We need to purchase a tool to be used for the tutorial. I would appreciate
any recommendations on software tools (MS-Windows based) that could be used
for this purpose. If you could provide strengths and weaknesses, it would
be most helpful. The ultimate tool will allow the user to switch back and
forth easily between the tutorial and our product without losing context.

I need to identify a timeframe in which this project will be complete.
I have NO IDEA what the effort for this would be. Of course, the
company would like to have it ready yesterday. ;-) Please provide any
estimating advice you might have.

If you have any insights (or war stories) you would like to share, please
pass them along.

Valarie Tassari Sr. Technical Writer
tassari -at- cgi -dot- com Carnegie Group, Inc.