Re[2]: Internet Brain Plug

Subject: Re[2]: Internet Brain Plug
From: Vince Putman <PUTMV -at- MAIL -dot- SYNTRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 14:53:13 CST

Michael Priestley <mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com> wrote:

>The concept of an "Internet Brain Plug" can probably be traced to
>William Gibson's _Neuromancer_, . . snip

I coined the phrase from the movie Dune, which used "a heart plug" in
the plot (can't spell those names). The thought of an "Internet Brain
Plug" evolved from the overload I can get from the Inet. Ah well,
there are no original thoughts left. How about a:

"TECHWRITER Brain Plug"

I often feel the same overload from all the knowledge I must
assimilate to do the job. As I have said, our 10x10-17 brain is not
enough, or should I say the memory address buss is not wide enough?

Vince Putman | Eschew Gratuitous Obfuscation
putmv -at- mail -dot- syntron -dot- com | OR
713-647-7139 Houston, TX | Avoid Free Confusion