Software Disclaimers

Subject: Software Disclaimers
From: Laurie Miles <miles -at- BROOKTREE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 12:54:19 -0800

We have run across something a little unusual here and I was wondering if
anyone in techwr-l land had encountered it in their tech wanderings.

We are about to send out a software product at no charge to customers.
Because the product is free, the company does not want to offer a warranty.
We need to let the customers know this and are working on a disclaimer.

In my research into this dilemma, I have found one competitor that does not
warranty one of its product but has no disclaimer.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would a simple statement suffice? I would
appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.

Laurie Miles An editor..comes down from the mountain
miles -at- brooktree -dot- com after the battle and shoots the
wounded