Re: Famous tech. communicators in literature?

Subject: Re: Famous tech. communicators in literature?
From: Laura Johnson <lauraj -at- CND -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 23:23:58 GMT

Erik Harris (ewh -at- plaza -dot- ds -dot- adp -dot- com) wrote:
: >The main character (I can't remember his name) in "Zen and the Art of
: >Motorcycle
: >Maintenance" was a technical writer.

: I seem to recall that Robert Pirsig was a philosophy professor at Montana
: State University. This is why he was obsessed with Plato's inquiry into the
: nature of Quality.

Right. Then he went through his breakdown/electroshock/all-new personality
adventure, and became a tech writer. (That's what happened to the main
character of "Zen...". I don't know how much of it really happened to
Pirsig.)
--
Laura Johnson
lauraj -at- fc -dot- hp -dot- com