Re: Are User Surveys the best approach for defining your audienc

Subject: Re: Are User Surveys the best approach for defining your audienc
From: Steve Delanghe <zulu -at- CIX -dot- COMPULINK -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 20:05:22 GMT

> considering taking the survey approach. Can anyone make suggestions as
> to some good questions to ask on a user survey? And how can we get
> them to send it back? We've got to start somewhere, but is a survey

Comment (vaguely humorous, if anyone's in any doubt):

I'm in the process of doing a survey, partly using Usenet,
and after what I thought was a jokey reminder (I admit it
wasn't exactly hilarious), I got several replies like this:

>>1) I don't fill in questionnaires on the Internet.
>>3) Pointless whining is a mistake. Most poeple have already deleted
>>your silly questionnaire and will not be filling it in. Cope!
>>Karen
>> karenk -at- netcom -dot- com

>>Do you have any idea how many people post survey questionnaries
>>to this list?
>>And do you think that chiding people for not responding will
>>make them want to respond, when there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
>>in it for them?
>>Forget about it. And make that MY Christmas present!
>>Mike LaTorra
>>Documentation Supervisor
>>Accugraph Inc.
>>mikel -at- accugraph -dot- com

So I guess if you're doing a survey - don't remind people that you'd like
some response!

Steve
zulu -at- cix -dot- compulink -dot- co -dot- uk
(...hang the sense of it, just keep yourself busy...)