Re: Attending Internet World Conference Worthwhile?

Subject: Re: Attending Internet World Conference Worthwhile?
From: Gabe Goldberg <gabe -at- CPCUG -dot- DIGEX -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 05:41:44 GMT

Theresa Norton (THERESAN -at- wpo -dot- jhpiego -dot- org) wrote:
: I would like to hear from anyone who has attended, or knows someone
: who has attended, one of the Internet World conferences (managed by
: Mecklermedia). I am trying to come up to speed on the in's and out's of
: setting up and maintaining a world wide web (which I need to do in the
: somewhat near future). I am considering attending the April Internet
: World conference as one step in my information collection. Would this be
: worthwhile? Also, does anyone know what kind of information on the
: Internet will be included in the next Interop conference? (The last
: question is from our system administrator.)

I attended Internet World '94 in Washington, DC (local to me, just a
subway ride downtown) and found it worthwhile. The exhibits were densely
packed with vendors and attendees. There are also some Web-centric
conferences coming up but I don't have info on them or on Interop. Check
the Net-Happenings list or newsgroup...

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc. **New address/phone info**
7718 Iroquois Court, Falls Church, VA 22043 Internet: gabe -at- cpcug -dot- org