Outline for new tech writing course

Subject: Outline for new tech writing course
From: Tom Williams <Tom_Williams -at- NOVELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 08:57:12 -0700

Howard Davis <HMDAVIS -at- DELPHI -dot- COM> writes
>My dept. chair has asked me to develop a syllabus and course
>outline for a new tech writing class.

You might consider contacting the Association of Teacher of
Technical Writing. Annual membership is a modest $35 per
year and includes four issues ot the journal TCQ.

They also publish a series of publications ($10-$25) on various
aspects of teaching techincal writing. TEACHING TECHNICAL
WRITING: A PRAGMATIC APPROACH by John S. Harris would
be very helpful in getting a course started. It's $15 payable by
check to ATTW.

For membership or purchase of publicatons, contact
Billie J. Wahlstrom, ATTW
Department of Rhetoric
201 Haeker Hall
1364 Eckles Avenue
University of Minnesota
St. Paul, MN 55108-6122

Tom_Williams -at- novell -dot- com
For troubling my friends with questions that do not concern in the
least a man in my position, I have no plausible excuse and shall
seek none. -- John Uri Lloyd