Re: STC Membership Dues

Subject: Re: STC Membership Dues
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 12:25:02 -0600

My attempt at a clarification on STC membership dues follows:

$95 dues
$15 application fee (required of 1st time joiners or members who
are reinstating past the deadline)

$40 student dues (no application fee)

If you are over 60, no longer employed full time, and have been an
STC member for at least 10 years, then you can petition for "retired
member" status at a reduced rate ($40, I think).

To qualify as a student member, I believe that you must be currently
enrolled in at least 2 classes. A professor must sign your application
or renewal form.

Student and retired members get discounts to the Annual Conference
and regional conferences, but they have to pay extra for the Proceedings.

Also, this is a good time to bring up the subject because dues renewals are
due in February and the conference registration deadlines are in early
April.

For more information about the Society for Technical Communication,
joining STC, or the Annual Conference (which may be attended by nonmembers
as well), write to stc -at- tmn -dot- com -dot-

LaVonna Funkhouser
president and former membership manager, Oklahoma Chapter of STC
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com

Please correct me if this is wrong.