How much does an LA tech writer charge?

Subject: How much does an LA tech writer charge?
From: "Kuvshinoff, Cia M." <KuvshCM1 -at- APLPO2 -dot- BISDNET -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 16:36:00 -0500

Hi,

A friend of mine is bidding on a job in LA to write a software manual for a
custom software package that is almost ready to ship. He is a one man shop and

estimates that it will take him three weeks to write it. He is seeking advice
on what to charge for the job.

Could anyone tell me the going rate for tech writing in Los Angelos?

Thanks very much.

As I am not on this list yet, please reply to:

Cia -dot- Kuvshinoff -at- jhuapl -dot- edu