Re: technical Writing Skills

Subject: Re: technical Writing Skills
From: Heli Roosild <HeliR -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 17:49:00 PST

Matt Harmon writes:

> Meaning no disrespect but, shouldn't a good technical writer be able to
>get around any aspects that make a product difficult to document?

The problem is, as someone wiser than me --Edmund Weiss, I think--has said:

"If it's hard to document, it's hard to use."

So every time I get a developer to change the software so that it is easier
for me to document, I'm also doing our users/customers a favor. And maybe,
if I do that part of my job well enough, they won't even need to open my
silly manuals. (What a life!)

--Heli
Heli L. Roosild
helir -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com