Re: Did the Corinthians...

Subject: Re: Did the Corinthians...
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 16:51:23 -0600

> "Did the Corinthians ever write back?"

> Glen Accardo has been asking the above question at the end of his
> messages (for who knows how long), but I haven't seen anyone attempt
> to answer it. Finally, it dawned on me, that hey, here's a question I
> can attempt to answer (and probably get flamed in the process).

Well, I've been trying to get elected as techwrhirl's grumpiest curmudgeon,
but I'll settle for having the most famous .sig. I think someone wrote
a short story with "Did the Corinthians ever write back" as the title,
it appeared in the San Jose Mercury News (?) as the unanswerable question
of the day, and I can't begin to tell you how many personal messages I
get insisting that they did and how many more insisting that they didn't.

Well, there was a two-way communication. This is rather obvious from
the language: "In regards to your questions ....." or very similar appears
very early on. But, we don't have a copy of any actual letters. I've
always hoped (and still do) that some archeologist will dig up a tablet
with the following:

Dear Paul,
Quit your yacking and get off our butts.
The Corinthians.

Sure would change the story, now wouldn't it?

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?