Re: CD or CD-ROM?

Subject: Re: CD or CD-ROM?
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 08:41:00 -0600

Is there a standard use of this term?

I'd stick with CD-ROM. That, after all, is what it is. "CD" generally refers to
audio products (although some folks will think first of financial instruments).
I'd doubt there would be confusion with magneto-optical or WORM products, as
they look nothing like CD's (although CD-R does).

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24