Gaining Frame Experience in Silicon Valley

Subject: Gaining Frame Experience in Silicon Valley
From: Mike Christie <mikec -at- LUNA -dot- SYNTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 13:57:09 -0800

Does anyone know of any Framemaker classes available in Silicon valley? I
feel the need to be able to add the word "Frame" to my resume. (And
"framed the outline for the manual" won't cut it....) I know that UC
Santa Cruz extension offers Frame classes, but I missed the winter session,
which just started last week (of course!). Any other suggestions?

I'd just go buy Frame 4.0 for Windows and work on it on my own, but even
at Fry's it's $600. I might be willing (time is the only factor) to do
volunteer work for a non-profit doing say, a newsletter or procedures
manual in Frame. I'm an experienced Ventura user, so I know it will not
be hard to pick up Frame (but again "experienced Ventura user, will be
able to pick up Frame easily" doesn't work on a resume).

Please reply to me directly, so as not to clutter up the list with a
matter of regional interest, and of limited interest within the region. If
anyone else wants this information e-mail me and I'll summarize the
replies and pass them on to you directly.

Thanks for any leads you can offer.

Mike Christie
Technical Writer
Syntelligence Systems, Inc.