Re: Who's the author

Subject: Re: Who's the author
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 14:09:22 IST

Its likely, however, that most companies will not allow you to put
your name on *their* book.

** A company I worked for had the writers' names on for a while, then
removed them.

The company's stated reason was fear of legal complications that
might arise after the writer left the company.

I was glad to see the names go, but for another reason: when a
number of writers work simultaneously or serially on a book, it's
hard to allocate billing in a way that will seem fair to everyone.
(Not to mention crediting high-added-value editors like, er, oneself.)

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| If God intended 1 space between sentences, why do we have 2 thumbs? ||