Re: Tech Writer Compensation

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Compensation
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 09:45:40 -0500

I agree with the comments below.
I am doing my first brochure in a long time, and I don't find it easier
to create than a user document. Sure, it is shorter, but the initial
research may take just as long: you still have to figure out
who your audience is, what information you need to present, what is the best
way to present it to help sell the equipment, etc. The early process is still
the hardest part, and you are still the same experienced writer with your hat
placed on your head at a different angle.
If I were to get paid for it (I am doing it for my husband's new product for
his
own new company, so I get compensated in other ways -- like sharing in
hopefully future profits), I would still request the same pay rate, probably
more, too.
Laurie