Re: technical Writing Skills

Subject: Re: technical Writing Skills
From: "Bailey, Doug S" <dsbailey -at- PO4 -dot- PCMAIL -dot- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 14:36:00 CST

> Or is this way the world works and what chance does an English major
with
>a Computer Information Systems minor (who works tech support for his
>university) stand in the future?

A terrific chance, IMHO! I'm much like you, I think. I'm a Tech Writer
major,
with a Computer Science minor. I recently found my dream job, as a Tech
Writer
working for Intergraph, a computer/graphics firm. I have the potential here
move out of my Writing slot and into, say, testing, or even programming. If
you
have the desire, both to learn and to succeed, you can go places.

Did you get a B.A. or a B.S.?

Doug

Douglas S. Bailey, Technical Writer
System Software Documentation