Re: Left hand side

Subject: Re: Left hand side
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 12:39:15 -0600

> Does anyone else out there have a problem with saying

> "...on the left hand side of...." (or right hand side; no matter)?

> Whenever I encounter it I yank out the "hand." Once we get
> beyond first grade, I think it's extraneous. However, I see it
> everywhere.

> Comments?

When I see "On the right hand side of the equation...." I insert the
comment that equations don't have hands. I can see that perhaps some
sort of tool might have one side for the left hand and another for the
right, in which case the "left hand grip" might be perfectly nice.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?