Task as a verb

Subject: Task as a verb
From: James Lockard <NORTon5150 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 20:08:49 -0500

Geoff Davis wrote:
"While *you* may not like it, the usage of task as a verb was perfectly
valid."
IMHO, yes the use of task as a verb may be technically accurate, but is it a
strong stylistic choice? No, not really.
For example, I could say, "I have been tasked with creating a list of
corporate jargon." But wouldn't it be at least a bit better to say something
like, "I have been asked to create a list of corporate jargon." Sure it
doesn't sound as official, but it's an inherently better construction.
James