Re: Left hand side ...

Subject: Re: Left hand side ...
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 11:19:51 -0600

Should we make this topic a "SIDE note"? I'm getting sidetracked
with all of this discussion, and now I can't remember who's
side I'm on.

Heli Roosild writes: +
+ Bev, I'm on your side with this one. (:-)
+ --Heli
+ =======================
+ Heli L. Roosild
+ helir -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com

+ >
+ > But if the instructions said "Put it on the left-hand side of the cabinet"
+ > I would probably take that to mean the *other* side (the one closest to my
+ > right hand when facing it).

+ This is where I stumble. If using the term "left-hand side" for
+ clarity, why would you then interpret that to mean *your*
+ right-hand side? ...

+ =*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
+ =*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
+ =*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=

--
Joe Fockler "Try not to become a success, but rather
Interphase Corporation to become a man of value."

-- Samuel Johnson

"Success is going from failure to failure
without loss of enthusiasm."

-- Winston Churchill