Re: (Against) sneaking your name in

Subject: Re: (Against) sneaking your name in
From: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- MSMAILHQ -dot- NETIMAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 11:25:00 PST

Actually, what I usually do is select a number that is impossible, for
example 68283 West Leonard Street. I don't think there's really a problem
if you accidentally create a "real" name (i.e., in use). It's not nearly as
"dangerous" as listing a real phone number or credit card number or SSN. So
if there is really a Sally Parks and a Beverly Marquigny out there, they've
just become famous, but I don't think they'll get harrassing phone calls as
a result of being listed in the book.

Sally
=======
...Combining
real names or just changing the street number on an old address
you had is *still* going to be *somebody's* name or address. My
childhood address was 69 Leonard Ave. If I change it to 102
Leonard Ave just for the sake of changing it, that is still
going to be a valid address. Worse--some unsuspecting citizen
may actually get unwanted mail because of it.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=