Re: Converting FrameMaker documents to Word 6.0

Subject: Re: Converting FrameMaker documents to Word 6.0
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 11:31:05 -0800

Will Kelly's plea:
> Help! My company has a document that was done in FrameMaker 4.0. The
> client now wants the document to be done in MS Word 6.0. Is there any
> software available that can make the conversion from FrameMaker to Word?

Word for Word by Mastersoft will make the conversion from
Frame4 to Word6 about 75% painless. It does a good job on
regular headings and paragraphs. However, if you have a font
change mid-paragraph (a wingding or dingbat, for example)
it does not change the font back for the rest of the paragraph.
Likewise, bulleted paragraphs come across as all symbols.

Tables come across as hanging indents, and I don't know what
happens when you have lots of text in the columns on the
left (that's *your* left as you are facing the page ;-) )

They're due out with an upgrade (or so rumor has it). Maybe
they've fixed these problems. It's worth a check.

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com