Re: conference justification?

Subject: Re: conference justification?
From: "Wehausen, Ernst" <ERNST -at- CRONUS -dot- AIINET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 07:55:00 EST

----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: conference justification?

My reasons for wanting to go are that although I have a Post Graduate
Diploma in Technical Authorship and Communication, I have very little
experience in the field and very few contacts and as I am the only
technical writer in my company I desperately need to catch up on all the
latest technologies, methods, short-cuts, standards + anything else that
I haven't thought of but ought to have, plus I need to find ways of
keeping up with all this stuff in the longer term.

Do you think that is a good enough reason to give my boss?

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
-----
Rebecca:

I'd say you have a good start on a general justification but you need to go
into a detailed description of some of the specific technical sessions you
would attend and how each applies to your position and how this additional
knowledge can help your organization.

good luck,

Ernst Wehausen
Applied Innovation Inc.