Frame 4.0 indexing capabilities

Subject: Frame 4.0 indexing capabilities
From: Kelly Kremin <kellyk -at- CYBEROPTICS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 11:18:04 LCL

We are producing 3 manuals for one product: technical reference
programming guide
user guide

Using FrameMaker 4.0, can I create one index for all three books (as
opposed to 3 individual)? How would I auto-generate such a document?
(Make a "superbook" out of the 3 books?) I'm looking thru "Using
Frame" & am not finding the info I need.

If I can make this index, what advice is there for distinguishing page
12 in one manual from the other 2?

My manager *really* wants 1 index, even if I have to put it together
manually. (Eek!)

Please send your comments to me directly at kellyk -at- cyberoptics -dot- com -dot- I
get a daily digest of techwriter-l messages & would rather not wait
for the help.

I would be happy to forward any info sent to me, just let me know if
you'd like it. I'm also soliciting Frame for info & can pass that on
too.

Thanks.

Kelly M. Kremin
kellyk -at- cyberoptics -dot- com