WORD 6.0 MACRO "PUZZLER"

Subject: WORD 6.0 MACRO "PUZZLER"
From: "D. Philipp Binggeli" <dee -at- DTINT -dot- DTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 10:25:56 MST

Greetings:

Have any of you created and edited macros in Word 6.0 using the WordBasic
macro language?

I need a little help...a little push in the right direction: Could someone
possibly tell me how to use recently selected and copied text in a dialog
box? Specifically the FIND & REPLACE dialog box?

Here is the snag: 1) I am looking for text in a certain location, 2) copy
the text, 3) open the F&R dialog box, 4) insert the text that I want to
replace, and 5) insert the new text with which I want to replace the olde
text (by way of pasting in the text I previously copied).

I can record all of this just fine, BUT the macro will actually use the
text I pasted (see step 5 above) instead of using a special command to take
whatever text it is that might have been copied. Does that make sense?

I have looked through all of the macro language on-line help files, but
there wasn't anything that looked remotely useful...such as PutSelection$
or Paste$.

Any takers?

Thanks,

Dee Philipp

D. Philipp Binggeli dee -at- dtint -dot- dtint -dot- com
Digital Technology International PHONE (801)226-2984
500 W. 1200 South, Orem UT, 84057 FAX (801)221-9254