Re: Working with free-lance/contract writers - help

Subject: Re: Working with free-lance/contract writers - help
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 12:16:33 -0800

Get an experienced - very experienced contractor to lead the others and
to take all these questions off your hands.

It is so nice to hear you (or anyone) think about and say you want a
positive experience. Good for you. And good luck.

jb
p.s. Can this work be done off site? What platform?
===========================
HELP!
I want these projects to have positive outcomes for all involved. While I'm
use to dealing with my in-house writers, I haven't farmed out a technical
writing project before. I'd like to avoid pitfalls. Therefore, I could use
some tips on how best to deal with contract writers?

What sort of guidelines or materials have you found most helpful in getting
a project started and completeing it on time?

What types of information do contract writers need most?

What should I avoid doing?

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

And, If you are in central Ohio and are looking for contract work, send me
your resume.

Ernst Wehausen
Applied Innovation Inc.
5800 Innovation Drive