Re[2]: what tools to learn? (fwd)

Subject: Re[2]: what tools to learn? (fwd)
From: Sherri Hall <shall -at- HILCO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 14:12:32 CST

Regarding tools vs. writing experience, it doesn't always matter what
we, as technical writers, think is most important. Many times it matters
what the person hiring thinks--which is often a technical person who
doesn't have a clue about writing issues but does know about software
tools. Again, you have to look at the ads to see what a company's looking
for. Don't like it. Yes, it makes my blood boil to think software knowledge
is more important than my writing expertise to some would-be employers,
but that's reality. Life isn't fair.

--
Sherri Hall (shall -at- hilco -dot- com)