Re: Jobs/Seminars

Subject: Re: Jobs/Seminars
From: Daren Deadmond <darend -at- WORDPERFECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 16:28:03 -0700

I, too, agree with Lori Lathrop and Marc Santacroce. I have learned
many things from the job postings/seminars on this list. For job
postings, while I may not currently be looking for work (and have
never been to New Jersey, for example), I see what employers are
looking for in a technical writer. The skills most sought after in
New Jersey aren't going to be too far off base from what's sought
after out west. Through the job postings, I know what I need to
learn or improve on.

As for the seminars, while the Boston-area STC chapter's seminar may
be a tad too far to travel for me, it's good to see what other
chapters are doing. The topics may give the rest of us ideas to
present seminars/workshops at our local STC chapter or in-house
training meetings.

FWIW (and have a relaxing weekend),

Daren Deadmond, technical writer
WordPerfect, Novell Applications Group
darend -at- wordperfect -dot- com

===============
At 4:52 PM 2/24/95 -0500, Lori Lathrop wrote:
>After reading Mary Deaton's survey questions and thinking about them
for
>the past few days, it suddenly occurred to me that I must be missing
>something here. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

>Why is it OK for people to post job openings (which can certainly
benefit
>subscribers who happen to be looking for work) but it's *not* OK for
>people to post information about workshops or seminars (which can
benefit
>subscribers who need to improve their skills)? What's the
difference?