Job ads

Subject: Job ads
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 1995 15:16:52 -0800

From time to time I see job ads on this list--usually from remote outposts
like New Jersey. I have a mail reading setup that makes chucking the chaff
pretty easy, but I imagine many folks find such postings annoying.

Here in the SF Bay Area several STC chapters have gotten together to set up
a distribution mechanism for such job listings:

* We have an address to which people can send descriptions of job
opportunities (stcjobs -at- aol -dot- com).

* We have a list of email addresses of people who have asked to
receive these postings.

* We have a volunteer who sends the job notices to the people who
want them.

The system works well. People seem satisfied with it. We don't clutter up
lists distributed worldwide with our local job notices.

Perhaps you folks in remote outposts could consider similar setups in your
areas. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org