[humor] Re: Esso/Exxon

Subject: [humor] Re: Esso/Exxon
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 13:46:05 -0700

In Re: Exxon/ESSO/ETTcetera

> Subject : Re: [Humor] Translations
> Written : 02/27/95.11:32am

> On Mon, 27 Feb 1995, Marc Santacroce wrote:

> > Had to be 30-35 years ago.
> > =========
> > >
> > >As I recall, the company was doing business in the U.S. under five or six
> > >names, with different names in different states. Exxon was the name chosen
> > >to unify the corporate image.

> Couldn't have been more than 25 years ago, because I remember the change
> and tomorrow is my 30th birthday. In fact it was probably more recent
> than that, because precocious as I was, I can't imagine Esso's name
> change making that big an impression on a 5-year-old.

> -Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata

I believe it was around 72, or early 73.... I had a Mad Magazine poster
on my wall till I left for the Army in late 1980:

"NiXXon... but it's still the same old gas!"

(This is not intended as political commentary, merely anecdotal
reference to an historial event--djb)

[Wow, is my tiger tanked....]

Dan'l

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| CARA Corp Consultant Information Developer |
| Motorola SPS Network Support & Development |
| *CARSEF Manager, Phoenix STC |
| (Central Arizona Regional Science and Engineering Fair) |
| Coming in March to ASU Activity Center! |