Desktop Color

Subject: Desktop Color
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 21:56:31 -0800

>MIS Press (800-488-5233) has put out a book called Desktop Color by
>Michael Gosney and Linnea Dayton.

I write book reviews, so I received a copy of this book. A few days later I
got a note from the publisher warning me that there were (unspecified)
errors in the color plates and that these would be corrected in the next
printing. So far they haven't sent me that one.

I don't know if they sent this notice out generally, but I wrote a review of
one of MIS's earlier books (not these authors) and mentioned in my review
that I had found an error in one of the color plates. I guess they didn't
want to risk another review like that.

The error in the earlier book is a really funny story. The author put two
swatches side by side and said that he had darkened one by adding black and
the other by adding an equivalent mixture of red, green, and blue. The match
was so perfect that I took out my microscope to see how he had done it. It
turns out that the printer had made the same substitution the author had
been trying to illustrate, so the swatches were actually identical. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org