Re: Tech Writing Problems

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Problems
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 08:43:13 -0800

Better to be able to laugh. How do you keep from screaming?

Hang in.

jb
(and what's this about editors? keep a civil tongue in your head)

==================================
I was just told that I've been assigned to write a user's guide for a new
product. No problem, sounds good. Then the engineer informs me that they
can't supply the board, the computer, or anything else that has to do with
testing or learning about the product. And, oh yes, he forgot to mention
that I wouldn't know how the product works. Oh, but he said that shouldn't
be a problem... he'll supply users guides from other companies so I can see
how they're written!!!
Tell me, how does one keep from laughing?

Laurie Miles An editor comes down from the mountain
miles -at- brooktree -dot- com after the battle and shoots the wounded.