SUMMARY: WASTE OF TIME

Subject: SUMMARY: WASTE OF TIME
From: "Judy Boyd [ESRI-Redlands]" <jboyd -at- ESRI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 17:34:04 PST

Earlier today I asked:

> 1. Is this a professional discussion list or a chat group?
> 2. Am I the only one that thinks there is a problem?

Thanks to all who responded. I have to agree with the person who said,
"You'll be amazed how generous and helpful folks are on this list." I am.

Below is an unscientific tally of the responses I received along with
a few of my favorite comments.

DISAGREE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM (2)
...I like all the activity on this list.
UNSUBSCRIBE (3)
Netiquette mandates lurking for at least two weeks before making
rude, snap judgments. ...unsubscribe, I doub't we'll miss you.
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH (3)
Contributing to the very problem you're complaining about is
generally not polite.
No doubt your posting will set off yet *another* round of
(to me, waste-of-time) discussions on this topic.
LIGHTEN UP (5)
...it is easier to smile than to frown all the time.
I flamed on about people aksing stupid questions, and people
posing as writers, and would-be writers...I was always sorry
I did that. Some of the people I flamed never returned.
AGREE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM (8)
I often can't decide if I am on a tech writing list or the member of
a therapy group."
I get annoyed by the post that only says "I agree."
SOMEWHAT AGREE THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM (3)
BROWSE THE LOGS, USE THE DIGEST (3)
HANG IN THERE BUDDY* (7)
...there are times when the information is very useful
...anything that comes from Lori Lathrop is gold.
...you will find that certain people send messages you can just
delete without reading.
I consider unsubscribing about every other day, but there are
occasional bits of useful information.

*Okay.

Lurking (but I doubt you'll miss me),

Judy Boyd