Writing tests

Subject: Writing tests
From: Emily Skarzenski <71220 -dot- 341 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 10:01:48 EST

I'm fairly new at hiring other writers, and I'm interested in some discussion on
having job candidates take writing tests. Do most of you who hire writers use
tests? If so, do you purchase them or do you make them up? What specific skills
do you test for? Is editing included?

I look forward to learning from your replies.

Emily Skarzenski
Head Technical Writer
Fastech, Inc. - Broomall, PA
71220 -dot- 341 -at- compuserve -dot- com