Re: Fowl Pedestrian Jokes

Subject: Re: Fowl Pedestrian Jokes
From: Audrey Choden <AChoden -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 11:30:53 -0500

Johnson, Mike C. @ SLG wrote:

>Although I laughed publicly at the road-crossing chicken jokes >(thanks,
Joyce) , I must admit to my colleagues in this private, >intimate forum that
I don't understand them all. (Color me red.) The >Douglas Adams rationale
(Forty-two) has me stumped.

Douglas Adams is the author of "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe" which
was also made into a BBC series on PBS in the '80s. If I remember correctly,
there was a computer called Deep Thought that was asked for the answer to the
question: What is the meaning of life, universe and everything? And the
answer was: Forty-two!

Now, does anyone recall Kurt Vonnegut's quote:

To be or not to be -- Shakespeare
To do is to be -- Sartre
Do be do be do -- Sinatra

Audrey Choden
Training by Design
achoden -at- aol -dot- com
70471 -dot- 3700 -at- compuserve -dot- com