Re: Fowl Pedestrian Jokes

Subject: Re: Fowl Pedestrian Jokes
From: Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 15:19:03 -0600

Mike,

If you have not read the book series by Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's
Guide to the Galaxy) you would not get the joke. Personally, I thought
it was the best of all the "Chicken" jokes.

In a nutshell: Aliens designed and built a gigantic organic computer
(the planet Earth) to solve the answer to the question, "What is the
answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything?" The answer that was
given: Forty-two.

It is a sci-fi/fantasy book by a British author, hence British humor. I
think it is hilarious.

Hope that makes sense
Scott Browne

"There is absolutely no substitue for a genuine lack of preparation."