Re: TERMINOLOGY - Dressing

Subject: Re: TERMINOLOGY - Dressing
From: doug montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- CC -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 10:55:47 PST

Josee writes:

We're righting documentation for the utilities industry. In UK, they use the
word "dressing" for the process of manually applying tags and flags to maps
of their distribution network. <deleted>

Our US clients are not familiar with the term "dressing" and we would like
to use the word to express that process.

Would anybody know of a better term?

I can't help with the terminology, but I can't resist noting that
her first sentence opens a whole new door of perception on what we
do for a living: WE RIGHT DOCUMENTATION!! Yes, yes! Righting
documentation wrongs, that we do, yes'm!

Doug_montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com