Re[2]: Testing for (in)competence

Subject: Re[2]: Testing for (in)competence
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 17:02:00 -0600

OK, I'll chime in with a "test" story. I was handed a pencil and paper and asked
to write a paragraph on anything, in longhand cursive script. The stated object
was so the manager could do some "handwriting analysis" on my writing sample.

Yeah, right. My future hinged on what direction my letters slanted and how I
curled my l's. Anyone who trusts *that* kind of hokum isn't someone I want to
spend significant time with.

Rest of story: I wrote the paragraph (about a chess position) and when they
offered me the job, turned them down. (Then was handed a lot of pressure about
how they paid to fly me out [to NH] and everything. At least I got a good meal
out of it!)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24