Re: info sources for software writing

Subject: Re: info sources for software writing
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 17:43:41 -0700

Regarding information sources, I have found a new one: the user.
We are engaged in a new development strategy (okay, at least it's
new to me; I don't know how new it is in actuality) called Rapid
Application Development (a.k.a. RAD). Our developers create
a system based on user input, then show it to the users. They
provide more input and the developers change it to match the
input. This goes on iteratively until a stop is called by
management :-).
Through this method, I have a pool of informed users to ask
about the true purpose of the screens and fields, as well as
how they really fit together for user tasks.
I feel truly lucky! Finally I'm writing stuff and running it
past users *before* it goes final.
Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales