Re: Re[2]: what tools to learn? (fwd)

Subject: Re: Re[2]: what tools to learn? (fwd)
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 09:51:13 -0800

Try this: assume that the person who wrote the ad had little, if
anything to do with the hiring decision maker - a good bet. Also
assume that the hiring decision maker hasn't a clue about what to ask
for - also a good bet.

If you are interested in the job or the company, go for it. The
interview is where you tell them how you can solve their problems,
whether or not you fill their stated requirements.

They just ask for English degrees and five years' experience (what, not
4.3?) (no matter whether managing doc production or writing
technical specs while turning out docs with one hand behind your back?)
cuz they don't know what else to do.

$0.02, please. Yer welcome.
jb

[partial quote from Sherri Hall (shall -at- hilco -dot- com)]

Again, you have to look at the ads to see what a company's looking
for. Don't like it. Yes, it makes my blood boil to think software
knowledge is more important than my writing expertise to some would-be
employers, but that's reality. Life isn't fair.