on becoming a tech writer

Subject: on becoming a tech writer
From: "Mark W. Aurit" <maurit -at- WORLD -dot- NAD -dot- NORTHROP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 11:01:40 PST

My brother is an English major, and has expressed an interest lately
in the technical writing profession. He has asked me a few questions.
since Im a software developer and have sold a number of articles
to technical mags, but he (wisely) has asked me to find professions
in the field and ask how he can become started.
Any ideas you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Mark Aurit
maurit -at- world -dot- nad -dot- northrop -dot- com