testing & hiring

Subject: testing & hiring
From: Ellen Adams <ellena -at- TOLSTOY -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 16:54:41 CST

Who has a fork? I want to eat my words:
> Drug tests are okay. I don't mind; I don't do drugs. [snip]

Let me clarify *my* position on urinalysis for
hiring. What I was laboring to say was that drug tests
seem, to me, more easily defensible than psychological tests.

Testing for drugs in an employee's urine is a violation
of the Fourth Amendment. It's unreasonable search and seizure.

However, employers do it, and our conservative Supreme Court
has yet to rule the practice unconstitutional.

Since I do not indulge, I submit to such tests without fear
and without complaint.

That doesn't make it right.

Forgive me, list liberals.

Ellen Adams
Houston, TX
ellena -at- tolstoy -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com