Re: Delphi or ? (Internet access under Windows)

Subject: Re: Delphi or ? (Internet access under Windows)
From: Tim Pera <uusr656!tim -at- RAMBONE -dot- PSI -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 11:32:52 +0600

Steven J. Owens (puff -at- netcom -dot- com) says:

"In any event, using SLIP or PPP with a 9600 baud modem might be
barely feasible, but still won't be fun. Most of the packages for
SLIP run under Windows, however. You should be able to find a few
packages that run under DOS."

I've had what I consider to be real good results with SLIP
to the U of MN Twin Cities for Internet access including FTP,
WWW access, news, gopher, telnet and mail, all under W for WG
v3.11 using Windows clients that are readily available as
shareware from several Net sites. I connect at 9600 with a
14.4 modem that with compression delivers data at real good
rate (subjective I know; UNIX folks with direct connections
will shudder at this remark). Depending on Windows resources
available, I run multiple clients at once.

Tim Pera
tim -at- pbs -dot- com