Re: Subject-line tag suggestions

Subject: Re: Subject-line tag suggestions
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 15:01:02 -0800

Arthur Comings said:
> These may be a fine set (other than the ALL CAPS, which is something a
> lot of us try to avoid, not build into standards)

I disagree; I think ALL CAPS are essential for distinguishing the TYPE
of posting from the content of the subject line. (I say this because I
noticed that some people on copyediting-l stopped using the caps, and
my comprehension of categories subsequently diminished.) I'd rather
not read anything labeled HUMOR or CHAT.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com