Web Metaphors

Subject: Web Metaphors
From: "Paul R. Sawyer" <prsawyer -at- RS6000 -dot- CMP -dot- ILSTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 21:53:50 -0600

Hello all--

I am a graduate student in tech writing and I am presently doing a paper on
Metaphors for the Net. I was wondering if any metaphors come to mind?
(besides, surfing the net) My thesis is that metaphors help us get a handle on
the unfatomable by nesting such concepts in things we can imagine. Obviously,
"the net" is way to big to comprehend, so what do we use to get a handle on it?

Have I just muddied the waters even more?

Anyway, if you could email suggestions, or whatever to me, I won't get flamed
for cluttering up the BBS with non-techwriter items.

Thanks a bunch

--Paul
A lone tech writer in a room full of linguists. And you say there isn't a
hell. . . 8-)

--
Paul R. Sawyer
Graduate Assistant/Console Cowboy