Technical documentation tools - hardcopy and online

Subject: Technical documentation tools - hardcopy and online
From: charles gilley <cgilley -at- CROSS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 10:16:17 EST

Please email all responses to cgilley -at- cross -dot- com -dot- I'll post a summary....

I'm searching for solutions to a project issue. We're developing a complex
radar sub-system which will have extensive documentation. Contractural
requirements
dictate that hardcopy must be provided. We also want to integrate on-line help
into
the application software in a hypertext format. There will be embedded
graphics,
hypertext links, etc. Not only do we need something to generate the document,
but
we also need a viewer. Platform specifics:

Sun SparcStation running Unix and OpenLook.
We have WordPerfect for Unix and Windows
We have some MicroSoft Word
We have Frame.

The kicker is that we'd like to be able to use the same base document to
generate both paper and
electronic output with minimal manual intervention. Any suggestions or
pointers?

Please email all responses to cgilley -at- cross -dot- com -dot- I'll post a summary....

Charles Gilley | All comments are my own and not Cross'
Senior Software Engineer -|- I thought them up, if they want them,
AEL/Cross Systems | they can pay for them. Oops, they do.
404-475-3633 | Nevertheless, I own the words.