Re: Early bird

Subject: Re: Early bird
From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 20:35:17 -0500

>>That's why the last
interviewed usually gets the job.<<

I believe you will find that in many cases the "last interviewed gets the
job" because when the hiring manager finds what appears to be the right
person, he/she STOPS INTERVIEWING. You know how whatever you have lost is
always in the last place you look--since you stop looking when you find it?

It's important to remember that interviewing is a COST to the company. It
takes HR time as well as manager time to do those interviews. Once a person
who is considered a "fit" is found, the pressure is on to STOP. Make the
offer and get the person to work.

In fact, the only time I ever interviewed anyone after I found what I felt
was the appropriate candidate was the time the first person in the door was
"the one" -- I interviewed a few more because I basically couldn't believe
it!

S/He who hesitates or puts off an interview appointment may never get in the
door because the "position has been filled."

Just an opinion from someone who has been on both sides of the interview
desk.

sue stewart
suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com