OPINION: Dissin'? Arrgg!

Subject: OPINION: Dissin'? Arrgg!
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 07:49:03 MST

(Please note, this is in no way an attack on the author of the
referenced line. The word is all I'm concerned with here. :-))

Someone had this line in a recent posting on a different subject:

> ...don't think I'm "dissin'" y'all please).

I don't like the term "dissin'." I'm not even sure what it
means. But I'm sure the word it is meant to replace is a
very good, established English word. One that the majority of
the English-speaking world would understand. Unlike some
new-fangled connection of letters that just sounds like someone
never learned how to talk.

Maybe I need to watch more MTV. Maybe MTV is the Learning
Channel of the future.

End of tirade. Deep breath taken.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=