Re: 'author' as a verb

Subject: Re: 'author' as a verb
From: Joanna Sheldon <cjs10 -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 22:19:17 -0500

>BTW, I don't mean to say that "writers" haven't always had to structure
>documents and libraries. We have, but that part of the work is hidden when we
>say that we "'wrote' an acquisitions procedure manual".

Hmmm... I don't get it. What is it about the abominable word "to author"
that makes the process of structuring a document, etc., any more evident
than it is in "to write"?

-- JS

Joanna Sheldon
Technical Writer, Translator
(French, German, Italian)
cjs10 -at- cornell -dot- edu

"A language is a dialect with an army and a navy." -- Max Weinreich