Re: Early bird

Subject: Re: Early bird
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 20:32:34 MST

> On Fri, 10 Mar 1995, Beverly Parks wrote:

Just to add another viewpoint on this...

In federal civil service, the hiring official has the option of
interviewing all qualified applicants or interviewing no one. If
20 applicants were referred, the hiring official cannot
interview until he/she finds the right person and then stop. All
20 must be interviewed. The hiring official does, however, have
the option of conducting no interviews and making a selection
based on job application, resume, and references.

This may be based on equal employment opportunity guidelines,
but I'm not sure.

(This information is based on previous experience; regulations
change. If this one has, then I may be wrong!) -- B. Parks
=====================
The following excerpts are from Lori Long's response to my post,
above.

Thanks for your comments, Lori.

> .... The only inaccuracy I see in
> your statement is that "All 20 must be interviewed." Only QUALIFIED
> applicants must be interviewed -- many gov. agencies determine this when

Please note (from my original post):

>> In federal civil service, the hiring official has the option of
>> interviewing all qualified applicants or interviewing no one. If
^^^^^^^^^

> .... If I find a candidate I like, I do not stop interview just in
> case there is someone that is even better out there (the eternal
> optimist . . . )

Excellent! I couldn't agree with you more...

Bev

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=